Barclays have agreed to let people personalise their Debit cards with images, however the image guidelines limit you to pretty much just a photo of yourself, family or friends.
We at the Artist Box have decided that we don't want to put our mugs on the card, instead we want you to contribute to the Artist Box Barclays Debit card Gallery and let others put your artwork on their cards.
So create some art of your own 420x420 pixels and upload to the gallery, they can be no more than 10mb in file size. All image guidelines are listed below, please take note as there are certain things you cannot use such as trademarks or images of celebrities.
We are getting in touch with Barclays to ensure they allow our images to be used and do not reject them as copyright protected material. What this means however is that you must be willing to allow your image to be used royalty free and as property in the public domain.
So start uploading to the gallery Barclays Debit card Gallery and spread the word so friends and family can personalise their Barclays Debit cards with your images!
Full Barclays terms and conditions and image guidelines found below. To check out the offer on the Barclays site please visit Barclays Personalised Card
Personalised Card image guidelines
Uploaded images used in personalised card designs must conform to the following guidelines:
- You must own the image or have the permission of the image owner to use it.
- If your image includes another person, you must have their consent to use it.
- The image you choose for your card must not contain any of the following:
- Trademarks or company names – eg, images marked with ® or ™ signs
- Images or text protected by copyright – eg, images marked with © or other watermarks or notations
- Slogans, tag lines, branding, marketing or promotional products, services or images of companies
- Images of, or the name or nickname of, celebrities, musicians, sportspersons, entertainers, public figures, film stars, cartoon characters, members of the royal family or other famous people
- Contact information – eg, telephone numbers, URLs, Facebook and Twitter usernames account numbers, addresses or email addresses
- Political statements or images relating to ethnicity or religion
- Images of flags, except for the Union Jack/UK flag, St George’s Cross/English flag, St Andrew’s Cross/Scottish flag, The Red Dragon/Welsh flag and St Patrick’s Saltire/Northern Irish flag. If any of these are used, they can only be images of the original national flags and must not be edited, cropped or have any additional art work or writing on them
- Images, signs, symbols or text relating to money, currency, drugs, tobacco, alcohol, gangs, hatred, graffiti, betting, gambling, or financial products and services
- Provocative, lewd or sexual images or content
- Offensive material – eg, images, signs, symbols or text relating to violence, death, injury, racism, cruelty, profanity, obscenity, weapons, firearms, ammunition or terrorism
- Anti-social or obscene behaviour, or socially unacceptable groups
- Content where drinking, being drunk, smoking or gambling is the focus
- Text, unless benign and in the English language
- Any image that might reflect poorly or might engender hostility toward company brands, including MasterCard®, Visa® or Barclays
- Any reference to the Olympic Games, World Cup or any other international branded event
- Reference to any bank, building society or other monetary institution
- Weapons, unless in a ceremonial context
Personalised Card terms and conditions
These additional conditions relate to the Barclays Personalised Card service ('the Service') and supplement and amend the general conditions of your Retail Customer Agreement with us ('Barclays Bank PLC'). In the event of any inconsistency between these additional conditions and the General Conditions of your Retail Customer Agreement, these additional conditions will apply in relation to the Service.
1.1 To use the Service, you must be resident in the UK and hold a qualifying debit card ('Debit Card') with Barclays Bank PLC.
2.1. The Service enables you to have an image of your choice (an 'Image') printed on your Debit Card.
2.2. You can choose an Image from our gallery or upload your own Image.
- Uploading your own Image
3.1. You can upload your own Image for printing on your Debit Card only if:
(a) you have rights to use the Image, for example you own the Image or you have permission from the owner to use it;
(b) you have permission from any person that appears in the Image;
(c) you have permission from the parent or guardian of any person under the age of 16 years who appears in the Image;
(d) the Image meets our Image Guidelines; and
(e) the Image does not contain any computer virus or malicious code.
3.2. We will review the image and may reject it if:
(a) it does not meet our Image Guidelines;
(b) its use would be in breach of the terms of our agreement with you; or
(c) we reasonably consider that it is not suitable for use on a debit card.
3.3. By uploading an Image:
(a) you confirm that the Image meets the requirements set out in condition 3.1 above; and
(b) you grant us the right to use, modify, print, store and reproduce the Image for the purpose of providing the Service to you
- Uploading an Image from our gallery
4.1. You can choose an Image from our gallery and, subject to such restrictions as we may in our discretion impose in respect of selected images for technical or other reasons, may manipulate the appearance of it before submitting it.
4.2. All intellectual property rights in the images in our gallery are owned by us or by our licensors and none of these images may be used by you for any purpose other than as an Image on your Debit Card.
5.1. There is no fee for using the Service or, subject to condition 6.1, for the issue of a Debit Card that has been personalised (a 'Personalised Card'). If we wish to introduce a fee or fees in the future, we will change these conditions in accordance with Condition 10.1 by sending a written notice of the change to any address, including any email account that you have given us. We will normally give you at least 30 days' notice of such a change.
- Replacing your Personalised Card
6.1. You can change the Image on your Personalised Card at anytime by ordering a replacement Personalised Card using the Service. However, in order to provide all of our customers with optimal service, we reserve the right to charge an appropriate fee for the issue of a Personalised Card if you change the Image on your Personalised Card more than 3 times in any rolling 12 month period. We will not charge a fee where you request that we replace a Personalised Card that has been lost, stolen or damaged pursuant to condition 6.3 below.
6.2 If you no longer want your Personalised Card, you can order a standard Debit Card free of charge unless you are within 30 days of the expiry date of your Personalised Card. To order a standard Debit Card, please call the Telephone Banking number printed on the reverse of your Personalised Debit Card.
6.3. If your Personalised Card is lost, stolen or damaged, we can, on request, replace it with a new Personalised Card with the existing Image without charge. If you want a different Image on your Personalised Card in these circumstances, you can request one using the Service although, for security reasons, if we are replacing a Personalised Card that has been lost or stolen, you will need to wait until after we have issued the replacement Personalised Card with the existing Image before ordering. If you want a standard Debit Card to be issued instead of a Personalised Card in these circumstances, you must advise us when you request a replacement card.
6.4. When your Personalised Card expires, we will issue you with a new Personalised Card with the same Image.
7.1. We will tell you how long it will take to deliver your Personalised Card when we accept your order. You must contact us immediately if you do not receive your Personalised Card within the specified period.
- Using information about you
8.1 We will collect, use, share and store personal and financial information about you as set out in Section 10 'Using information about you' of your Retail Customer Agreement.
9.1. We may suspend your use of the Service or end this agreement with you immediately if:
(a) you breach your agreement with us;
(b) we are required to do so by any party assisting us in providing the Service;
(c) we are entitled to do so under your Retail Customer Agreement or any other agreement we have with you; or
(d) we decide to discontinue the Service.
9.2. We may suspend your use of your Personalised Card immediately and cancel it if it is brought our attention that the Image infringes the rights of a third party. If we do so, we will issue you with a standard Debit Card. However, you may use the Service in such circumstances to order a new Personalised Card. If we receive an allegation that the Image on your Personalised Card infringes the rights of a third party or is unsuitable (for whatever reason) we may suspend your use of your Personalised Card whilst we investigate the matter. We will investigate such an allegation promptly in good faith and may issue you with a standard Debit Card whilst we do this taking into account the likely length of the investigation and any actual or anticipated inconvenience to you. We will notify you when we have completed our investigation and either lift the suspension of your Personalised Card or cancel it depending upon the outcome. Our decision in this respect will be final.
9.3. Where we withdraw or suspend the Service, end our agreement with you or suspend or cancel your use of your Personalised Card, you agree to return your Personalised Card or destroy it in line with any instructions we give you.
- Changing these conditions
10.1. We may change these conditions by sending a written notice of the change to any address, including any email account, that you have given to us, or (if the change is to your advantage) by publishing them on the website. We will normally give you 30 days' notice if the changes we make are to your disadvantage. Without limiting our rights under this condition, a change to these conditions could include the introduction of a fee for the issue of a Personalised Card.
11.1. If you upload an Image that infringes the rights of any other person, you will pay any losses, costs or expenses we (or our suppliers) incur as a result of possession, printing, possession, modification or other use of the Image.
11.2. The Image will be printed on your Personalised Card as it is provided to us by you. We will not be liable for the poor quality of the reproduction of the Image to the extent that this attributable to the quality of the original as uploaded by you or for the positioning of the Image on the Personalised Card as a result of the way in which you uploaded or manipulated it.